Tuesday 19 June 2012

Michael Bisping wants next title shot, thinks Chael Sonnen doesn't want to fight him again

By: Jamie Penick, MMATorch Editor-in-Chief

BispingMichael_180_23.jpg
Michael Bisping and Chael Sonnen battled back and forth for 15 minutes in a close fight this January at UFC on Fox 2 in Chicago, with Sonnen emerging victorious and earning a rematch with UFC Middleweight Champion Anderson Silva. However, Bisping still feels he should have won the fight.

Bisping appeared on Tuesday's edition of "UFC Tonight" on Fuel TV, and while discussing a conspiracy-ridden conversation he had with Sonnen on Twitter, he said he doesn't think Sonnen wants a rematch with him.

"The thing is with direct messages on Twitter is it's personal; it's private. I think it would be improper of me to divulge that information, but when have you known me to do the proper thing," Bisping joked (transcribed by MMAWeekly.com. "So here we have the information, I was actually [sitting] in the doctor's [office] when this [message from Sonnen] came through. 'Alright man, here's my guess, you're not hurt and we are rematching. If I am right give me a clue in your tweet. Include the word “lad” in your next tweet."

"And I'm sitting in the doctor's surgery and I'm like what the hell is this guy talking about? Obviously, he's quaking in his boots at the thought of a rematch cause he knows I won the last fight and he doesn't want to fight me again. Then another one came through and went 'alright never mind, conspiracy theory is over. Get well soon.' So Planet Chael strikes again."

Bisping still believes he should be in line for a title shot, especially if Sonnen defeats Silva. This despite a loss to Sonnen in that last fight and despite the fact that he's injured and would not have won a fight in between if he was the next tapped for a title fight.

"I've been around the UFC since 2005 and I've been consistently fighting the best guys in the world. I feel I've put together a good win streak and I deserve a shot," Bisping said. "My last fight was a No. 1 contender match-up with Chael Sonnen. It was a very, very close fight. Some might call it a controversial decision. I think the general consensus is that I won that fight. I know Dana (White) and Lorenzo (Fertitta) said that as well."

"So if Chael wins, I don't see why I don't get a shot at the title straight away."

Penick's Analysis: Bisping's always had a bit of a delusional streak. He perceives himself to be higher up on the pecking order than he's ever really been, and this is another one of those times. He lost in January. It wasn't controversial, and there was certainly not a "general consensus" that he won the fight. People were impressed with how good he looked against Sonnen in the first two rounds, but he still lost one of them, and lost the third decisively. Close fight? Yes. Controversial? Not at all. And Bisping's not going to get a title fight in his next bout, even if Sonnen beats Silva. He'll need to win a fight before he's given anything, and being on the sidelines isn't going to slide him into the next title fight.

[Michael Bisping art by Grant Gould (c) MMATorch.com]

Source: http://www.mmatorch.com/artman2/publish/UFC_2/article_13602.shtml

APPLIED MATERIALS ARIAN SEMICONDUCTOR EQUIPMENT ARROW ELECTRONICS ASML HOLDING ASUSTEK COMPUTER

No comments:

Post a Comment